Voluntary Residential Sound Insulation Program
The Sound Insulation Program:
- Will minimize current and potential noise impacts.
- Includes eligible homes in the approved noise impact area.
- All eligible homes located within the City of Dania Beach.
- Starting in 2012, and continuing through 2013, groups of approximately 100 homes will be selected based on their location within the map of noise impacts/contours. Those properties most affected by increased noise levels are selected first, followed by the next most affected homes, until all eligible homes have been completed.
- You will be mailed a notification with a Program Application and other informative materials when funding is available for the group of residences that includes your home. This marks the start of your participation in the process.
Noise-Reducing Acoustical Treatments:
Acoustical treatments are improvements that reduce interior noise levels within living spaces. These treatments may include door and window replacements, weather stripping, and central air-conditioning systems installed by professionals, at no out-of-pocket cost to you. The Sound Insulation Program provides the architects, engineers, and contractors as well as the materials and labor to complete sound insulation improvements to your home.
Sound Insulation Program improvements are limited to those that reduce aircraft noise levels in the home. Structural repairs, regular home maintenance items, home renovation work or weatherization needs that are NOT directly related to noise reduction are NOT part of this Program.
We want participating homeowners to be well-informed through this process. The best solution for your home may not be the same solution as your neighbor’s home. This is why our team of program professionals will be working with each homeowner individually.
Goals for every participating home:
- Reduce the noise level inside homes from current and potential airport operations. The Sound Insulation Program will provide modifications in accordance with Program and Federal noise guidelines.
- Ensure each participant’s satisfaction by providing information and choice.
- Ensure cost effectiveness while maintaining the quality of service, products and construction.
- Minimize current and potential noise impacts from operations at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) for eligible owners of residential units who volunteer for this program.