Noise Mitigation Community Overview
Voluntary Sales Assistance Program
A Voluntary Sales Assistance Program for single-family and two-unit (duplex) residences, including owner and non-owner occupied located within the 65+ DNL noise contour is also available. Properties that contain three or more units are NOT eligible for this program.
Property owners of single-family homes, condominium units, townhomes, and 2-unit residencesare eligible. The eligible properties are located within the City of Dania Beach to the west and south of the airport. There are approximately 857 homes eligible for this program.
This program provides eligible property owners with the ability to sell their home on the open market and relocate outside the noise impact area, with assistance from the County, if needed.
The first priority will be given to properties in the highest noise contours, and then continue outward to the rest of the eligible properties located within the 65+ DNL noise contour utilizing the most current market absorption rate. The Voluntary Sales Assistance Program will follow FAA guidelines; to ensure the participating property owners receive appropriate benefits.
Eligible owners must:
- Have owned their home on or before October 25, 2011
- Completed participation in the Voluntary Residential Sound Insulation Program
- Choose to be included in the Voluntary Sales Assistance Program no later than one year after the runway opening date
- Complete a Conveyance and Release Agreement to the County, which will be recorded
- An owner that has participated in the CAR Program is not eligible to participate in the Voluntary Sales Assistance Program.
Owners participating in the Voluntary Sales Assistance Program will list their property for sale on the open market for the Fair Market Value (FMV) established by appraisal. Should the property sell for less than the FMV, the County will provide a payment of up to 25% of the FMV to encourage the sale of the property.
Once a property sells through the Voluntary Sales Assistance Program, the property is then considered noise compatible under FAA criteria so that a subsequent property owner will NOT be eligible for any of the programs under the Noise Mitigation Plan.
Sales Assistance Program
- Voluntary Participation
- 857 Properties Eligible
- Located W/In 65+ DNL
- Participation in Voluntary Sound Insulation Program
- Total Estimated Program Cost $70 Million
- Requires recorded Conveyance and Release Agreement